Tips suggested by users
- Prepare. There is no save-and-resume button, so have all the information on hand. (But you can return to edit it.)
- Recurring Events. Powerful, but a little confusing the first time:
- To enter a meeting on the same date each month (e.g., the 5th), select “on the same day”.
- To enter a meeting on the same day and/or week (e.g., 1st Monday), select “on a different day”.
- Categories. As a rule, you will want to select at least three categories, one from each of the following.
- Event Type
- Target Audience
- Welcoming Pages
- Venues / Organizers.
- Enter the name of the organizer and location.
- If it is already in the database, the calendar will populate your event with relevant contact and location information.
- If you have to add a new organizer or venue, please fill in all the fields. It will help others.
- Review. Once you submit an event, it will be reviewed before appearing on the calendar.
Help UsWe find the calendar pretty intuitive. Please use the feedback button to suggest tips to add here.
Give us feedback! And, please be patient.
This is our pilot release. We will assemble user feedback to guide our second release in 2020 Q2.
We encourage and welcome donations.
We welcome everything from modest donations to immodest endowments. If active users and directory listers kick in a little something each year, we think that we can sustain and build this virtual center for the community.
Relevant to our local LGBTQ and allied communities.
This includes western North Carolina and nearby communities in contiguous states (e.g., eastern Tennessee, northwestern South Carolina, northern Georgia, southwestern Virginia. It also includes groups based outside the region that have a local presence.
No offensive content
This includes language and visuals that are considered hateful, threatening or inappropriately graphic. Bear in mind that this site is accessible to minors.
No content that poses a threat to people’s privacy or to copyright laws.
Do not share names, photos or contact information without appropriate authorization or consent.
No embedded funding appeals and links.
Why? We don’t allow these because we don’t have the resources to monitor such links. You are welcome to link to pages on your site that include these.