- Prepare. There is no save-and-resume button. But you can return to edit an event.
- Categories. Select at least one category in each group:
- Event Type
- Target Audience – who you designed event for
- Welcoming Pages – where to publish the event
- Venues / Organizers. Enter the name of the organizer (your group) and the location (venue).
- If it is already in the database, the calendar will populate your event with relevant contact and location information.
- If you have to add a new organizer or venue, please fill in all the fields. It will help others.
- Online Events. Select “Online Event” as your Venue.
- Recurring Events. Powerful, but a little confusing the first time:
- To enter a meeting on the same date each month (e.g., the 5th), select “on the same day”.
- To enter a meeting on the same day and/or week (e.g., 1st Monday), select “on a different day”.
- This event has passed.
All The Lonely People
April 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmRegistration Required
All the Lonely People: Easing loneliness and isolation for those we serve and the people we love
April 27th, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
In this fascinating program that will offer intimate access to people documenting their struggles to overcome chronic loneliness, join AARP and Blue Ridge Pride as we explore how isolation and loneliness impact our own experiences. We will also focus on specific challenges of how this impacts people in the LGBTQ community. Through the critically acclaimed filmmaking of Stu Maddux & Joe Applebaum, select scenes from their latest documentary, “All The Lonely People” will set the stage for a discussion about the latest research on this emerging public health crisis.
We will also feature author and educator, Val Walker, a leading expert on social isolation.
This event is free but does require an RSVP to attend.
This event is brought to us by AARP NC and Blue Ridge Pride.