About this Event
If you’re a beer lover heading to Asheville to celebrate Blue Ridge Pride, we’ve got a day for you!
Asheville’s craft beer scene is among the best in the world. Actually, Asheville’s everything scene is among the best in the world. Like award-winning locally sourced food? You’re covered. Like the great outdoors? The Blue Ridge Mountains are all around. Fan of live music? Sure thing! A super-friendly, all-welcoming community? That’s here too. And, with all that, Asheville might be best known these days for its unrivaled beer scene. So let us give you a taste of this amazing beer city.
If you’d love to see Asheville through the lens of its beer culture with other LGBTQ beer lovers, join our beer day, featuring a curated lineup of immersive behind-the-scenes beer experiences set up just for you.
This is for you if you love:
- Craft beer
- Exploring new areas and learning new things
- Behind-the-scenes peeks into the beer world
- Meeting new people
- A hell of a lot of fun
What you’ll get:
- An insider’s look at some of Asheville’s best breweries
- Many beer samples
- Food and beer pairing
- A new t-shirt!
- Meet & greets with the brew teams
Tips to make sure you’re set up to enjoy the full day
All things taken care of for you – just show up with comfy clothes
When: Friday September 27th, 2019 from 11:30am to 6pm
Here’s the itinerary for your day-long beercation:
11:30am – Beer Stop 1
Brunch – Bhramari Brewing Co.
- The full group meets, we hand out your new t-shirts, everyone gets acquainted, recognizes each person on the tour is wonderful, and suddenly everyone’s comfy.
- We meet with Rachel Muir, of Blue Ridge Pride, for a brief intro into Asheville’s LGBTQ history
- Next, we coat hungry stomachs with an incredible lunch on our food and beer pairing.
- Before we leave, we marvel at the brew team’s brilliantly experimental approach to brewing — trust us, here you’ll experience something new, and always well-conceived.
- Walk 4 minutes (0.2 miles) to arrive at…
1:30pm – Beer Stop 2
Green Man Brewery
- We’ll enjoy phenomenal samples from one of Asheville’s oldest and most beloved breweries
- We’ll then experience a fantastic brewery tour, which includes some context of the brewery’s work with Blue Ridge Pride and a bit about LUV AVL Brut IPA, which was brewed to celebrate inclusion of all.
- Walk 6 minutes (0.3 miles) to arrive at…
3pm – Beer Stop 3
White Labs Kitchen and Tap
- Welcome to a piece of the brewing chain we’ll bet many of you haven’t yet experienced, a yeast production facility.
- We’ll take a tour and learn about the cultivation of this critical, living brewing ingredient
- Then, to illustrate how yeast affects beer’s complexity and taste (and because we like drinking beer), we’ll sample various White Labs beers brewed exactly the same way, with only the yeast strain changed in each. Minds will be blown.
- Walk 8 minutes (0.4 miles) to arrive at…
4:30pm -Beer Stop 4
Eurisko Beer Co.
- Our tour ends at a locally revered brewery that will blow you away!
- We’ll all enjoy one full pour + one short pour of your choice of Eurisko beers while meeting and chatting with the owner and head brewer.
- Lastly, we’ll hand out your new pint glasses to go along with your new friends and newfound love of the Asheville beer scene!
- If you want to continue your Asheville beer exploration, we’ll provide further recommendations, and wish you all a great time at Saturday’s Blue Ridge Pride festival!