RE-VIV-AL is your Sunday Funday Tea Dance, raising money and awareness for local nonprofit organizations every 2nd Sunday of the month! An almost-lost tradition in the LGBTQ community late afternoons into early evenings revelers enjoyed cocktails and a spin on the dance floor. Tea dances have a radical, inclusive place in social justice history: providing space for LGBTQ people when …
- Prepare. There is no save-and-resume button. But you can return to edit an event.
- Categories. Select at least one category in each group:
- Event Type
- Target Audience – who you designed event for
- Welcoming Pages – where to publish the event
- Venues / Organizers. Enter the name of the organizer (your group) and the location (venue).
- If it is already in the database, the calendar will populate your event with relevant contact and location information.
- If you have to add a new organizer or venue, please fill in all the fields. It will help others.
- Online Events. Select “Online Event” as your Venue.
- Recurring Events. Powerful, but a little confusing the first time:
- To enter a meeting on the same date each month (e.g., the 5th), select “on the same day”.
- To enter a meeting on the same day and/or week (e.g., 1st Monday), select “on a different day”.
Relevant to our local LGBTQ and allied communities.
This includes western North Carolina and nearby communities in contiguous states (e.g., eastern Tennessee, northwestern South Carolina, northern Georgia, southwestern Virginia. It also includes groups based outside the region that have a local presence.
No offensive content
This includes language and visuals that are considered hateful, threatening or inappropriately graphic. Bear in mind that this site is accessible to minors.
No content that poses a threat to people’s privacy or to copyright laws.
Do not share names, photos or contact information without appropriate authorization or consent.
No embedded funding appeals and links.
Why? We don’t allow these because we don’t have the resources to monitor such links. You are welcome to link to pages on your site that include these.