Patrons of Pride
Small Businesses and Generous Families with Big Hearts
2019 Patrons of Pride
Become a Patron of Pride Today
We work hard to sustain a strong local flavor at our festival. We developed the Patron of Pride program to enable local organizations and individuals to show their support of our community, our programs, and our events.
Patrons do more than support our festival. All net proceeds from the festival support other community-building programs. During the past two years, patron support has helped us to expand into several new programs, projects, and events:
- Community Partner Fund
- WNC LGBTQ Oral History Project
- WNC Virtual LGBTQ Center
- Welcoming WNC Procession
- Movies & Mixer Series
- LGBTQ Story Slam
During its first year, the Partner Fund distributed $7,500 to WNC community organizations. The Oral History Project has captured the lives of thirty area residents in its first six months. Our 2019 Procession brought together hundreds of people and dozens of organizations to share a simple aspiration: a WNC community that is welcoming and equitable for all.
But, even by itself, the festival contributes significantly to our local community and economy:
- An estimated 14,000 to 18,000 people attend.
- Dozens of community service organizations and healthcare providers deliver services and information to visitors.
- Local businesses and employers make contact with segments of our community that are often hard to reach.
- Many non-profits and community groups rely on the festival to raise funds, reach new audiences, and to activate and educate their neighbors.
The festival brings people together for a day of celebration, action, education, commerce, and service. In a world that seems to grow smaller and more divided with each passing day, what could be more important than that we learn to share space, ideas, and cultures together?
Patrons help to make this happen. And we thank you!